Thursday, July 1, 2010

Oh, Canada!

Growing up, I always looked forward to Canada's Day. Not because I am overly patriotic (though I do love Canada) or love to wear red and white, but because a) I can't say no to a bbq and b) I am attracted to glittery things such as sparklers and fireworks (followed by sequins, metallic flats and birthday candles). Looking back I can vividly remember sitting in my best friends backyard with Strawberry Kiwi KoolAid, huge slices of watermelon, homemade burgers and when the sun finally set we whipped out the massive sparklers our parents bought us (after some mild begging) and wrote our names in the air.

Even though I am now technically an adult, I still cannot pass up any of these memories I hold so closely to my heart. So laugh at your bbq's, drink your KoolAid, enjoy the fireworks and light as many sparklers as you can!


☮ peace and fashion 

No comments:

Post a Comment