Monday, January 31, 2011

That 70's Show

I am a 90's baby through and through (I still know the words to most Spice Girls, N'Sync and Backstreet Boys songs, I owned an uncountable number of Beanie Babies and you can bet good money that I daydreamed of someday marrying Zach Morris, Uncle Jesse and Cory Matthews all rolled into one). 

However, I have long appreciated the 70's. I grew up listening to Sonny and Cher and my mom describing scenes from Rocky Horror Picture Show, in detail, to me. Not to mention I spent hour flipping through photo albums of my mom and her sisters adorned in the decades wardrobe staples - bold prints, mini shift dresses in mustard hues and Hubba Bubba pinks (I'm convinced the Marc Jacobs knit below is a reincarnate of one my mother owned when she was a pre-teen fashion girlie).


Spring 2011 must have brought designers such as Marc Jacobs, Frida Giannini and Diane Von Furstenburg, to name a few, back to the defining era as their runways spoke true and true to the decade. Designers sent models down the runway in the newest staples of high-waisted pants, wide-leg trousers, colourful stripes, bold floral and graphic prints and denim in every-which-way. Needless to say, the seasons luxurious mocha, tangerine and fuchsia hues may just be the time warp we fashion girls need. 

☮ peace and fashion

No comments:

Post a Comment