Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday Fixations

Yesterday was my first day off in a long time and I took advantage of every moment by staying home and being über productive. I went for a run, I finished some writing, I cleaned, I baked, I cooked and most wonderfully I read a book. An actual book that was not assigned to me and is not on a syllabus and will not require a full analysis regarding the various resources B2B businesses are using to market themselves to their target clients. *Sigh* Needless to say, my staycation was wonderful.
 
My new oversized ostrich print tote from felicity&fritz
 
 My first un-school-related read of many; a Truman Capote compilation 
 My bed has officially become a stuffed animal barnyard

Blueberry bread I baked from my own recipe which tasters seemed to enjoy!
Read on to get the recipe!


Ingredients
2 eggs
½ cup granulated Splenda (or 1 cup regular granulated sugar)
1 cup milk
3 tbsp olive oil
½ cup unsweetened applesauce (plus more if your batter seems to need it)
3 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
2 cups frozen blueberries (lightly thawed)

Mix together eggs, sugar, milk, olive oil and unsweetened applesauce in a medium bowl. Sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Combine the mixtures until just combined. Fold in the lightly thawed blueberries. Pour into a bread pan lined with parchment and bake at 350 degrees F for about 50 minutes. Enjoy!!


Happy Friday!

☮ peace and fashion

No comments:

Post a Comment