Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Styling Tips | Denim is Forever

Show me a human that doesn't like denim and I will swear off of coffee for the rest of my life week day. Many of us wear denim daily or have it as our go-to for lazy Sundays and casual Fridays. Denim is the most difficult wardrobe piece to shop for, the most rewarding find and by far one of the most versatile. Spring 2014 is giving denim its much deserved attention, as designers turned the distressed, worn in styles ruling season past for much more polished sort of denim.



Osman (featured above) gave us crisp lines and structured indigo like this jacket above that I am swooning for. Balmain sent soft, faded chambray with major metal chains down the runway and my absolute favourite is Versace, in particular the look below where Donatella is making me drool over the deeply saturated, printed indigo pants with an oversized denim top that looks like I stole it from my dad. I'm drooling. Right now I am drooling for this shirt.

Dark-rinse denim was also spotlight at Acne studios and Derek Lam - appropriate for mixing with your professional wardrobe and nights out and everything in between - Max Mara and Ter et Bantine's collections were lighter wash - a tone you'd expect to be more casual, but the tailoring makes it perfect for your everyday. 





No comments:

Post a Comment